Thursday 20 October 2011

Day 4 of My Challenge

Well this is actually starting to be fun.

I am reaching my goals in the sense of gaining strength and I am starting to like that burning feeling in my muscles.

I had a Nice workout today, but just changed one exercise to keep it interesting.  

Training Program Day 4

Bench Press with Barbell - 4 sets of 12 reps with 45kg

Back and Front Military Press - 4 sets of 12 reps with 30kg

Barbell Bicep Curls - 4 sets of 12 reps with 30kg

Bent Over Rowing - 4 Sets of 12 reps with 30kg

Drank a Glass of water and had some plain Oats again and just sprinkled it with some cinnamon for Breakfast.

You may be wondering why I am eating oats everyday, well this is just a part of my own little experiment. Tom Venuto also suggest eating oats and other fibres, but I once heard from Martin Dewee, SA Natural Body Building Champ and Weider Agent, that eating oats will help get fat out of the body after exercising. So that is why I am giving it a try.

Lunch as mentioned yesterday is not that easy all the time, but today I combined my biltong with Whole Wheat, Low GI bread and just added some tomato for a gentle touch.

Tonight is my first day of cardio using the Skipping Rope. Well It wasn't spectacular at all, as I am struggling to jump using only my toes and calves. I did however realise why Skipping is such a good workout. I tried and tried to skip like a pro and even after everyone helped I still wasn't getting the hang of it, but I was sweating and breathing like I had ran a marathon and all of this in only 35mins

Pork chops was again up for grabs. The reason I like Pork and Chicken for supper while being on the program is proteins in small quantities and still is a light meal.

Day 3 of My Challenge

Day 3 of my Challenge and feeling great. I do however start to feel the weight training working on my muscles. But I like it. I don't want to hurt myself or scare myself away from the training, so I'm just keeping my weights light and reps strict for the first part of the challenge.


Training Program Day 3

Bench Press with Barbell - 4 sets of 10 reps with 35kg

Back and Front Military Press - 4 sets of 10 reps with 25kg

Barbell Bicep Curls - 4 sets of 10 reps with 30kg

Body Weight only Half Squats - 4 sets of 10


Having some Oats for Breakfast again, but again having a glass of water and giving my body 15mins to cool down and then up and ready for the day.

For lunch I decided I want to see if a small salad keeps me going until supper, so made a little salad filled with tomato, lettuce, cheese and avocado. I was pleasantly suprised that I didn't even feel hungry during the day. That was until I exercised again.

Tonight was my last day of walking for cardio for the week as I found the right Skipping rope and going to buy it tomorrow. Did a 30min walk on the same route as the previous nights, but set the pace a bit higher.

Supper was a nice home cooked meal of Chicken breasts, spinach and brown rice. Keeping my meals plain and simple and most importantly, affordable. The advantage of trying to keep the meals basic is everyone in the house is getting the same benefits from the meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment