Sunday 23 October 2011

Day 7 of My Challenge

On day 7 of my Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle challenge I remembered a short piece out of Tom Venuto's book, which I have heard from many other fitness fanatics as well. And that is not to over strain your body with exercise and give it some rest. In Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle it stipulates that as a beginner, you should do 3 to 4 days of weight training a week and 5 to 6 days of cardio per week, but I thought I might as well do something even on my rest day.

After waking up and getting through the normal family routine, I made Oats for myself and enough for the rest of the family. This was quite normal and just spent time watching a movie for a change. We had to go for a lunch at my fiancée parents house which meant a healthy, home cooked meal with vegetables and meat. However I still hadn't done any cardio for the day. That was when I saw the Swimming pool and decided to give my stomach some time to do it's work and then go for a swim.

I did about 13 full laps of Freestyle swimming and some playing around as it was a really hot day. I must however admit that I know swimming is a great form of exercise, but to me it must be classified under a different category. The reason I say this is in Tom Venuto's book it says that you want to burn as much calories as possible and you want to feel the workout. Well with swimming you feel all your muscles moving and working, but like walking you get fit for that specific exercise and you build up momentum during the training, while with skipping, you actually feel the workout the whole time. This is not only for beginners, but even professional boxers and fitness gurus keep feeling the workout and the calories burning the whole time.

This doesn't mean I am against walking or swimming, All I am trying to say is the Skipping Rope is still the preferred choice of exercise for boxers to this day, but has been suppressed by big companies around the world that manufacture exercise equipment. This is all based on my research on skip ropes and not on what Tom Venuto says in his book.

On that bombshell from my side I want to finish off with my dinner menu that consisted of a Baked Potato and a piece of sausage.

No comments:

Post a Comment