Tuesday 18 October 2011

Day 2 of My Challenge

Last night I had to postpone my Cardio due to work, but that will definitely be worked in somewhere during my day.

However I started this morning on an active note which means Training.

My program for today I took a different strategy from Tom Venuto and that is to bring in some Body Weight exercises.

I decided to keep following the Fasted Exercises in the morning, which means training on an empty stomach.

Training program Day 2:

Started with some stretching and a quick sprint to warm up and get everything going.

Push-ups - 4 Sets of what was suppose to be 12 came down to a ratio of 7,7,5,3

Crunches - 4 Sets of 20

Half Squats - 4 Sets of 10

Leg Raises - 4 Sets of 8

Again had a Glass of water while cooling down and had some Oats mixed with fresh apple pieces I cut.

I weighed myself today. It was shocking, but true. 149 kg or 327.8 lbs.

Lunch is always a bit more complicated for most working people that try to lose weight. The reason for this is that salad can not be held for too long if you do not have a fridge. Making a bread meal is also not that easy because, What to put on the bread that complies with the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle program. Well as mentioned by Tom Venuto in his e-book you can drink a Meal Replacement shake. My only Problem I have with this is that not everyone who wants to loss a few pounds are millionaires and unfortunately these types of shake are somewhat expensive. So what do you eat at lunch?

I took the time and did some research on the Internet and found that there are 4 types of food that one can live on each one apart. These are Avocado, Eggs, Banana and something we have in South Africa that is called Biltong (This is Dried meat. Usually Beef or game meat). Ok so know I have this information. What to do? Well I decided to take the Biltong for lunch as I am a meat lover and a true South African supporter. So my lunch consisted of 100grams of biltong which is more than enough for any person as a meal.

Again I did walking as my cardio tonight as I am still shopping for the perfect Skipping Rope. I only did the same route as yesterday, because I am quite fit for walking, so I'm just walking for the cardio and to get back into the rhythm of things.

As for Supper, We as a household don't really eat a lot and especially not junk food. So I still eat with the rest of the family, but all that I do differently is making my portions smaller and only selecting foods that comply with Tom Venuto's program.

I had slice of my mothers protein filled Minced meat pie. This is made up out of sliced potato on the bottom of an oven pan topped with minced meat and egg mixture poured over to help keep everything together. Yum and healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment