Monday 17 October 2011

Day 1 of My Challenge

Feeling Motivated yet? 

Well I am definitely feeling motivated.

I started the Tom Venuto Challenge this morning and feeling great.

I started the program on an empty stomach with weight training as suggested in the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle e-book.

The purpose of this strategy is to fast your body for the 45min training, which helps you to empty all your energy reserves that is stored as fat.

I started out slowly to not scare myself out of this challenge on the very first day.

My training started of with some plain stretching to prevent injuries, which is most important.

Training Program Day 1:

Bench Press with Barbell - 4 sets of 10 reps with 35kg

Back and Front Military Press - 4 sets of 10 reps with 25kg

Barbell Bicep Curls - 4 sets of 10 reps with 30kg

Body Weight only Half Squats - 4 sets of 10

To some fitness people out there it may not sound like much, but to me it was a full work-out and I felt it working.

I drank a Glass of water and settled for a shower. Had some plain Oats and sliced a Banana with it for Breakfast.

Next up will be my lunch and a fruity snack in between.

I hope to upload some current photos and body information later this week.

For Lunch I decided to have some Tuna mixed up with Tomato and Cheese as a kind of salad to get in enough proteins for energy to tackle my Evening training program.

I really want to get into Rope Skipping for my Cardio, but first need to find myself a decent skip rope and also make sure it is long enough for me. So for my first day I put on my trainers and went for a walk. My father and I usually do an average of 3.5km in round about 30min so we walk at a nice, steady pace. I did however walk for 40min as I took a different route.

Well after a long walk at that pace you are usually hungry, especially if you are used to eat normal without a diet plan. But I believe that how much you eat is all just a choice. However, according to Tom Venuto in the Burn the Fat,Feed the Muscle program you must also avoid starving yourself, as this will slow down you Metabolism and that will tell your body to  go into shock. This may not seem strange to some people, but your body actually holds back all the energy at this stage which means NO fat Burning.

For Dinner I had baked Pork chop, baked potato and vegetables.

No comments:

Post a Comment