Friday 21 October 2011

Day 5 of My Challenge

I bought myself a Skipping Rope yesterday to use for my Cardio exercise.

Well I've been trying it, but still struggling to get the hang of it. My feet tend to come up to high, which means I jump to high and the rope keeps hitting me on the neck.

This however will not stop me, because like anything in life it's about practise. One thing I must say though is that one can really feel the workout after Skipping for a few minutes.

You may be wondering why I am going on about the skipping rope. Well it is all to do with finding an exercise that can be done in minimal space, because I do everything at home to see if it can still be done with only the most basic equipment.

A skipping rope is a real calorie burner according to the fitness sites and forums I found while doing research on the subject. Some of these fitness experts say that skipping can burn as much as 16 Calories per minute.

Well for my Weight Training Today I decided to try a different routine to prevent burning out the same muscles everyday.

Training Program Day 5

Body Weight Half Squats - 4 Sets of 12 reps

Side Lateral Dumbbell Raises - 4 Sets of 12 reps with 15kg

Standing Dumbbell Shoulder Press - 4 Sets of 12 reps with 14kg per side

Body Weight Push-Ups - 4 Sets of 12, but I only managed to four sets of 9, 8, 6 and 5 per set, which means its better than my previous attempt.

Again I took a glass of water and had some plain Oats again and sprinkled a bit of cinnamon on it for Breakfast.

As for lunch today I was on the road a a lot and didn't have time to make me something fresh and healthy to eat, so bought a Chicken Salad at the local Fruit & Veg market. Freshly made in front of you with the quantities you prefer.

Like I said yesterday, I'm not skipping like pro yet. On the other hand like the saying goes: ''Practise makes perfect''. So on that note I decided I'm not going to give up on skipping and tried until I couldn't hold onto the rope any more. Well personally I think that it paid of seeing as I got to the point where I did 9 consecutive jumps. I feel proud of myself.

It was already late and dinner was in high demand. My sister jumped in and quickly made some scrambled eggs and bacon, served with a slice of Whole Wheat, Low GI bread.

No comments:

Post a Comment