Thursday 27 October 2011

Day 10 & 11 of My Challenge

For those of you who follow my blog everyday, you would notice I didn't post anything yesterday. I had 2 full days and was kept busy last night until around 12:00. I decided I would do both days in 1 as both were almost the same. I had my Oats as normal for breakfast combined with a boiled egg before starting my day. I spend my whole day on the road yesterday driving 200miles / 320km. On the road my father and I had a fruity snack and a meat pie for lunch

After getting home I had to finish building a vegetable garden that is built with pre-cast concrete slabs. Moving these on their own at 36kg each, it is already a workout. After building the garden I had to off load 1 ton of gravel from my pick-up. Well some people may think this has nothing to do with Tom Venuto's Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle program, but planting organic vegetables is a lot healthier than buying it in a shop. As for my training I believe that Tom Venuto and anyone that has ever off loaded gravel them self would agree that it is a combination workout.

Physical labour like shovelling gravel is not only a cardio sport, but also weight training. A shovel of gravel can weight up to 7.5kg / 16lbs. picking up a small weight for 150 times in a row will help you burn the fat and keep you within Tom Venuto's program. I off loaded around 300 kg yesterday. I took a shower and had pan grilled chicken Vienna on a slice of Whole Wheat Low GI bread.

Day 11 of My Challenge I basically had the same type of day consisting of Oats for breakfast and a lot of driving for the day. I was home for lunch at least which meant I made myself a nice tuna salad and a glass of milk.

I was not finished with my vegetable garden though and had to off load another 700kg of gravel. I started shovelling when my father got home and helped me. I had to shovel all the gravel of my pick-up into a wheel barrow and a big dustbin that worked faster than the wheel barrow. So my father helped me push the wheel barrow and carry the dustbin. We did finish just in time however as it started to rain. Well after moving 700kg of gravel I had quite an appetite. My mother had luckily made a nice Chicken Suprise filled with vegetables ( Not my own yet) and potatoes.

I just want to remind everyone to check out my Body Stats page to follow my progress. For those who haven't checked it out, I had made some progress already. I lost 3.74lbs / 1.7kg in my first week on the Burn the Fat, Feed the Muscle Challenge. Tom Venuto really does have the Secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment